The energy certification of buildings is a procedure aiming at verifying the amount of fossil fuels a building needs in standard conditions in order to produce hot sanitary water and to keep constant, in the winter season, the design temperature (20°C for residential buildings) within the heated buildings.
The current legislation and the EPBD European Directive (2002/91/CE – 2010/31/CE) imposed the adoption of energy certification in every Member State and requires it to take into account the cooling energy need and the lighting needs too, for non residential buildings. The Energy Performance Certificate (EPC), namely the document reporting the procedure's results, must include reference data, such as the minimum values according to the law for the new buildings performance and benchmarks (correspondent building's classes on the basis of a scale of energy performance) allowing consumers to assess the energy performance of their building. The certificate should also include recommendations for improving the energy performance, presented on the basis of the payback time.
In Emilia-Romagna region the Regional Council Decree n. 156/2008 has introduced obligations in terms of:
· methodologies for assessing the energy performance of buildings and systems;
· awarding the energy certificate of buildings;
· the scheme foreseen for accrediting the technicians in the energy certification of buildings procedure.
Decree n. 156/2008 also establishes the EPC to be mandatory for new building and for existing buildings when sold or rented.
AESS has been acknowledged among the Regional energy certification bodies. It indeed delivers EPCs according to the regional and national schemes. Director and technicians in AESS contribute to training activities in energy certification courses.
– 47 school buildings owned by the Province of Modena
– 235 flats owned by the Municipality of Budrio (Bo) and by S.TE.P. Budrio srl (local social housing company)
– 15 buildings owned by the Municipality of Ravenna
– 13 buildings owned by the Municipality of Fiorano Modenese (Mo)
– 15 buildings owned by the Municipality of Pavullo nel Frignano (Mo)
– more than 50 private buildings