Among the goals of AESS, the creation of partnerships with organisations and institutions at regional and national level as well as the exchange of good practices with EU Countries on the topic of RES and RUE is also included.
EU projects: spreading good practices and behavioural changes
AESS promotes the diffusion of good practices on energy efficiency/energy saving in the working places and towards families, even through the implementation of EU projects.
Since 1999 AESS has been partner of more than 20 EU projects, in the framework of interregional cooperation programmes (INTERREG) and within the more recent programme by the EU Commission named Intelligent Energy Europe. The main developed activities concerned awareness raising campaigns towards citizens, professionals, technicians and schools in the filed of energy efficiency/saving and RES, diffusion of plans and tools for the monitoring and decreasing of energy consumption, working out of Energy Services (i.e. Energy Performance Contracts) letting Local Authorities to ensure financial and energy savings.
The EU projects often involve actively many Local Authorities, making available either financial resources for local projects or models and successful experiences implemented in other EU countries transferable at local level. This is also a way to enhance the Local Authorities involved and engaged in energy efficiency policies.
Current EU projects AESS is involved in:
- TRANSITION CITIES (2014-2017); Building an integrated innovation system for the transition to a low carbon economy; financed by Climate-KIC
- SAVE@WORK (2015-2018); Energy saving competition between 180 public office buildings over 9 participating European countries (Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Latvia, UK, Sweden, Hungary)
- LUME PLANNER (2016-2018); Tools creation for sustainable trips planning in historical places, museum, events, in Emilia Romagna region
- STEPPING (2016-2019); Supporting the EPC Public Procurement IN Going-beyond. The MED project focuses on new EPC contracts models for public buildings energy refurbishment in the Mediterranean regions in 7 EU countries
Concluded EU projects:
- PV-PROSPECT – EC ALTENER99; promotion of the PV technology
- TEN TELECOM – REEMS; energy self-assessment of the residential buildings through online tools
- BACCHUS – EC ALTENER; using ERDF funds for energy efficiency projects
- Energy Skill, "Development of a Vocational Training Tool" – Leonardo da Vinci; development of and e-learning training on energy efficiency and RES
- Step Forward, Paese del Sole – EC ALTENER; fostering the solar thermal systems market (web site)
- Energy bridges, "Bridging the gap between different energy management experiences in Kaliningrad, Lithuania and Italy" – TACIS CBC SPF; installing 2 boiler houses for the district heating in the Russia Federation
- GREENEFFECT, "Integrating saving of electricity and purchasing of green electricity in office buildings" – SAVE
- Energy Trophy – SAVE II; energy saving competition among 38 buildings in: France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Poland and UK
- RES Market Places – EIE; creation of a virtual market place for RES
- PU-Benefs – EIE; implementing energy performance contracts in public bodies
- Soustenergy – INTERREG IIIC; Guides, manuals, training courses, education about energy saving
- SubProject 4.1 "EnercyImpulse" – EnercyRegio – INTERREG IIIC; development and implementation of training courses for public officers and technicians
- ENable Impact – EnercyRegio – INTERREG IIIC; tools for energy audits in the public buildings and awareness raising documents for users
- Innovative Thinking– EIE; development of a Sustainable Energy Community in cooperation with AIMAG and Municipality of Mirandola
- MUSEC "Multiplying sustainable energy communities"; technical coordination of 6 sustainable energy communities(including Ravenna, Asti and Foggia).
- Energy Trophy+– EIE; energy saving competition among 450 buildings in 18 EU countries
- Energy Neighbourhoods– EIE; monitoring private buildings consumptions, awareness raising campaigns through information materials, public meetings, calculation of the energy saving achieved
- LoCaRe ESA (2011-2012) "European Sustainability Ambassadors"; the project investigates new and effective methods to support the EU’s climate targets by involving the school and learning system – from Kindergarten to PhD
- PROMETHEUS (2009-2012) "PRoviding users with Organized and Monitored Energy services by Transparent and High standard EU Smes" (as partner); improvement and promotion of SMEs implementing energy services and sustainability oriented
- GRACE (2011-2013) "Grants and other incentives for cost and energy efficiency "; Costs and real impact assessment of private and public financing mechanisms focused on energy efficiency
- RELACS (2010-2013) "REnewabLe energies for tourist ACcommodation buildingS"(as project coordinator); spreading of RES and RUE in the accomodation buildings on 10 Countries
- ELENA (2011–2014) "European Local ENergy Assistance"; financial support to investments in sustainable energy from the European Investment Bank
- VERYSCHOOL (2011-2014) "Valuable Energy for a smart school"; a mixed public-private partnership (including Energy Agencies, SMEs, technical institutes, University and towns) aims at developing and implementing customised energy saving strategies and ICT solutions for school buildings
- SMART MED PARKS (2013-2015) Improvement of Energy Efficiency in Technology Parks of the Med Area through Intelligent Models and Uses
- MAIN (2013-2015) "MAteriaux INtelligents"; the project, financed by the MED Programme of the European Union and coordinated by the Department of Engineering "Enzo Ferrari" aim to disseminate "cool materiales" through the establishment of "territorial islands" located in different regions of France, Greece, Italy and Spain, in which the various stakeholders (policy makers, planners, builders, artisans, producers) contribute to the creation of knowledge, to its demonstration and strengthening of the legal framework.
- IS IT GREEN (2013-2015); Improving knowledge and skills of IT managers and experts into european SMEs about assessments / energy audits involving IT (Information Technology) and IS (Information Systems) infrastructures.